Dress Code / Uniform Policy
The purpose of the dress code/uniform policy is to foster a respectful, professional learning environment with an emphasis on neatness and Christian modesty. Uniforms build a sense of community and decrease distractions which, in turn, increases academic focus. Parents/guardians are expected to support the school’s enforcement of the dress code/uniform policy, helping reinforce an environment best suited for learning and faith development. Students who do not comply may be asked to call their parent/guardian to bring appropriate attire to school. Repeated noncompliance with dress code/uniform requirements will be considered a discipline issue.
The following dress code/uniform guidelines are required for students in Kindergarten through eighth grade. Preschool students are not required to follow dress code/uniform guidelines.
Any fashion (dress, accessory, or hairstyle) that disrupts the educational process or that is deemed as inappropriate will not be permitted.
- Clothing must fit properly. Clothing cannot be form-fitting or see-through. Undergarments may not be visible.
- Clothing must be neat and clean without rips or tears.
- Clothing cannot have pictures or or any writing.
- Small earrings can be worn
- Heavy make-up is not permitted.
- Hair should be kept clean, neat, well-groomed and a natural hair color. No dying or spray-in color. Boys should be clean shaven and hair should be no longer than collar-length; exceptions can be made by principal.
- Tattoos, drawing, or writing on the skin is not permitted.
- Cargo pants, yoga pants, jogging pants, jeggings, and leggings are not permitted.
- Leggings are not pants, but they can be worn under skirts/jumpers.
- Holy Family’s logo is the only acceptable logo; visible tags, logos, and emblems are not permitted.
- Belts should be worn with pants.
- Scout uniform tops can be worn with uniform bottoms on meeting days.
- Hats and sunglasses are to be removed upon entering the school building.
- Outerwear is not permitted to be worn or carried during the school day.
|Shirts||Solid color, collared shirts (blouses, shirts, turtlenecks, polos) are required; acceptable colors include navy blue, light blue, white, purple, hunter green, or red; no logos/emblems unless it is the Holy Family logo. Shirts should be tucked in.|
|Sweaters||Pullover or cardigan sweaters in the following colors are permitted: navy blue, light blue, white, purple, hunter green, or red. A uniform style shirt must be visible under the sweater. Hooded sweaters are not allowed.|
|Sweatshirts||Students may wear a white or purple Holy Family crew neck sweatshirt; other sweatshirts/hoodies are not allowed.|
|Fleece||Quarter-zip fleece with the Holy Family logo is acceptable; other fleece/hoodies are not permitted.|
|Pants||Solid navy blue or khaki cotton, twill, or corduroy.|
|Shorts||Students can wear solid navy blue or khaki uniform shorts that are no shorter than four inches above the knee; students should be mindful of weather conditions when choosing to wear shorts; all children will go outside for recess.|
|Jumpers and Skirts||Solid navy blue, khaki, or any plaid uniform style skirts or jumpers; Christian modesty should be considered; for example, it is suggested that skirts/jumpers should be no more than four inches above the knee.|
|Socks, Tights, Leggings||Socks must be worn at all times. Acceptable colors for socks, tights, or leggings worn under skirts/jumpers include solid navy blue, light blue, white, purple, hunter green or red.|
|Shoes||Athletic shoes or any type of comfortable dress shoes can be worn; socks must be worn at all times. Open toed shoes are not permitted for safety reasons.|
|Outdoor Attire||Students should come to school with outdoor apparel (coats, mittens, hats, boots) suitable for the day’s weather. All students will go outside for recess. *Snow pants, boots, hats, mittens (gloves) are required for students in preschool through fifth grades during winter months.|
|Mass||Uniforms are required for all students on Mass days; no exceptions.|
|Packer Home Games||Holy Family celebrates the Green Bay Packers by wearing green and gold tops with uniform bottoms on the day before or day of Packer home games; no jeans.|
|Holy Family Spirit Days||Spirit wear from Holy Family, Notre Dame Academy, and St. Norbert College (Catholic Link schools) can be worn with uniform bottoms; no jeans.|
|NUT Passes(No Uniform Today)||NUT Passes are sold periodically by Site Advisory Council to raise money for Holy Family’s Third Source Funding obligation. Students whose parents purchase NUT Pass sheets are eligible to dress down any day except Mass days. Dress code guidelines still apply. NUT Pass should be sent to school and given to the child’s teacher, who will, in turn, submit it to the office.|